How we’re keeping you safe
Before attending an event at Foundry please carefully read the information below.
We recognise that covid passes are controversial but feel the benefits of protecting our staff and customers outweigh the negatives. As such, we’re requesting that people show proof of covid status before entering the venue. This can be done in 2 ways.
1 - NHS Covid Pass
If you're aged 16 or over, you can get an NHS COVID Pass depending on your vaccination status or COVID-19 test results.
|What you need to get a pass
||When you can get a pass
|2 doses of the Moderna, AstraZeneca or Pfizer vaccine, or 1 dose of the Janssen vaccine, in England
||2 weeks after your 2nd dose (Moderna, AstraZeneca and Pfizer), or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Janssen)
|Negative PCR test or rapid lateral flow test within the past 48 hours
||As soon as you get your result. If you did a rapid lateral flow test at home, report your rapid lateral flow test result on GOV.UK first
|Positive PCR test within the past 6 months
||After you've finished self-isolating and up to 180 days after taking the test
How to get your NHS COVID Pass
Get a digital version
You can get a digital version using the NHS App or NHS website. You can download it as a PDF or get it sent to you in an email.
You can get a digital version by:
Get a paper version (vaccination status only)
You can get an NHS COVID Pass letter sent to you in the post.
This shows you've been vaccinated against COVID-19. It does not show COVID-19 test results.
You can ask for a letter 2 weeks after having your 2nd dose of the vaccine, or 2 weeks after a single-dose Janssen vaccine. You should get it within 5 working days.
You do not need to be registered with a GP surgery or have an NHS login for this.
2 - Other Tests
We will also accept the email confirmation of a negative PCR test or Lateral Flow test.
Lateral Flow Test Kits
These can be collected from the SU welcome desk between 9am-4pm, Monday-Friday, your local pharmacy and ordered online from - https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests.
We are offering queue jumps to anyone who comes into the SU on the day of the event to show proof of vaccine/negative test. Just come to the Welcome Desk and show proof, you’ll be handed a wristband to jump the queue later that night.
Please don’t attend any event if you are displaying any covid symptoms regardless of a negative lateral flow test result.
We’re also operating the following safety measures at the Foundry
- Our air handling system will operate at full power regardless of attendance
- Hand sanitising stations are located around the venue
- Staff will take a lateral flow test before each shift
- Track and trace will be used at the entrance
- Card payments are the only method of payment
We are also asking customers to minimise what they bring into venues to reduce the need for bag checks.
It’s been a long time since a nightclub has been open in the UK. People should take it easy and keep an eye out for their friends. Here are some key points to note before visiting us.
- Drink responsibly and look out for your friends.
- ID scanning is a condition of entry at the Foundry. You will need this to gain entry, regardless of your age.
- The Students’ Union has a zero tolerance policy toward drug use at its licensed venues. Searches will be in operation, as well as sniffer dogs for some events.
- The safety bus can take you home for just £1.50. The security team at the smoking area can direct you to the bus.
- The Time Out Zone is a chill space for anyone who needs some time out from their night out and will be available at all club nights.
- Our Students’ Union have zero tolerance of any harassment, discrimination, or violence. Our specially trained team will take your disclosure seriously - you will be listened to, believed and supported throughout the whole process and the reported person will be removed from the venue. For more info, go to https://su.sheffield.ac.uk/events/our-su-zero-tolerance-policy
- If you need anything while you’re out, please speak to a member of the team.