THE TUESDAY CLUB 19TH BIRTHDAY
TUESDAY 7TH NOV
DJ ZINC - EXCLUSIVE 3 HOUR SET (’98-’17) ‘19 YEARS OF THE TUESDAY CLUB’
ANDY H – TTC INFLUENCES SET
This week we’re celebrating the TTC 19th Birthday, and we’ve invited one of the most consistent DJ/Producers from the last 19 years, DJ Zinc!
A regular guest at the club for its entire existence, like The Tuesday Club itself, DJ Zinc’s sound has stayed relevant and evolved over that time. He can jump effortlessly between musical genres, and is one of few artists who can claim to have had genuine underground and commercial hits across house, breakbeat, UK garage and drum & bass, having sold over 1,000,000 physical records across his own productions and labels.
From his first release, the jungle/hip hop anthem ‘Super Sharp Shooter’ released a whole two years before The Tuesday Club was even born. Next came the killer bootleg of The Fugees ‘Ready Or Not’ way back in ’97, which still gets a workout at raves across the country, Zinc’s status in the underground music scene was already well established by the time The Tuesday Club came into existence in September 1998.
Next came ‘138 Trek’, his first foray into the 2-step garage scene of the time, which went on to become one of the most iconic tunes of the genre. Throughout the 00’s, Zinc continued to release Drum & Bass, Breakbeat and Garage, appearing at The Tuesday Club multiple times during this period, mostly DJ’ing Drum & Bass.
By 2009, Zinc had become disillusioned with the DnB scene and created his own genre, ‘Crack House’, which fused deep, funky and fidget house into a new, unique style. The first release the ‘Crack House’ EP, introduced his new sound with hits such as ‘Blunt Edge’ and ‘128 Trek’ a rework of his classic ‘138 Trek’. Shortly after this, 2010 saw the release of one of Zinc’s biggest hits to date, Wile Out, featuring Ms. Dynamite, which had huge underground and commercial success.
Fast forward to 2017 and Zinc has just released a massive EP, ‘Full House’ featuring some of the biggest players in the bass scene right now, My Nu Leng, Chris Lorenzo, Holy Goof, MJ Cole & More!
With the history of The Tuesday Club and DJ Zinc being so intertwined, tonight, he will be taking us on a journey through all of the musical styles he has made his mark in over the last 19 years and beyond…
Sheffield Students’ Union
Open to all (18+)
Non Students welcome
Last entry 12:30am
SAFETY INFO >>>
- ID scanning is a condition of entry for ALL club nights at Sheffield SU. If you are unable to provide ID or a U-Card you will not be allowed entry, regardless of your age.
- If you’re drinking, be responsible and know your limits.
- Make sure you get home safe and with friends.
- If you’re worried about a friend, or if you see anybody who may need help, please let a member of staff know straight away.
- Keep an eye on your drinks and don’t leave them unattended.
- The Students’ Union has a zero tolerance policy toward drug use at its licensed venues. Searches will be in operation, as well as sniffer dogs for some events. Students found in possession of illegal substances will be banned for a minimum of 6 weeks and can face a lifetime ban. In extreme cases, students can be arrested and expelled from University. Non-students found in possession of illegal substances will be banned for life and in some circumstances can be arrested.
- Taking drugs bought from unknown sources can lead to life-threatening illnesses. Be aware of the current risks: www.talktofrank.com
- Free water & earplugs are available from behind the bar.
- Strobe lighting will be in use at the event.