The Tuesday Club: Jaykae, BiG HEATH, Andy H, Skillz, Cargo
Tuesday 19 March 2019
11pm - 3am
Foundry, Sheffield SU, Western Bank, S10 2TG
One of the hottest grime MCs in the game right now returns to The Tuesday Club for his first headline show. We're predicting big things for this guy so catch him while you can before he blows up!
The MC has performed at Skepta’s Birmingham date on the Konnichiwa tour, and at Eskimo Dance in London alongside the biggest names in Grime, to name just a few. Alongside collaborations with his Birmingham cohorts, Dapz On The Map, and breakout rap star Mist, Jaykae has featured on Skepta’s all star remix of hit single “That’s not me” and more recently on Mike Skinner’s Tonga Balloon Gang track “CCTV”. This led to Skinner remixing the artists latest single “Pull Up”, referring to Jaykae as simply “the truth!”
Jaykae continues to prove why his direct and uncensored energy makes him a worthy component to the UK’s Grime scene and the essential voice of his city.
Plus, as if this lineup couldn't get any grimier we have added another artist who is fresh to the scene... BiG HEATH!!!
Originally from Cambridge, he moved to London to kick start his rap career and pursue his dream. BiG HEATH has previously supported Nas, freestyled on BBC Radio 1Xtra for DJ Semtex and has had some big releases such as ‘Switch Sides’ featuring Geko. His lyrical talent has been unnoticed and overshadowed for long enough, this is now his time to shine and put his passions into practice!
Check out his BBC Radio 1Xtra freestyle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6fgtXTy3b4&t=16s
Support from Project Allout Records head honcho, Skillz 'Project Allout Records' and local up and comer, Cargo!
LINE UP >>>
Tuesday 19th March
11pm - 3am
Last entry 12:30am
Sheffield Students’ Union
Open to all (18+)
Non Students welcome
Valid ID required for entry
- ID scanning is a condition of entry for all club nights at Foundry. If you are unable to provide valid ID or a U-Card you will not be allowed entry, regardless of your age.
- Accepted forms of ID are: Valid Passport, driving license, provisional driving license, photo cards featuring the pass hologram. Photocopies, photos or screenshots of IDs are not accepted.
- If you’re drinking, be responsible and know your limits.
- Make sure you get home safe and with friends.
- If you’re worried about a friend, or if you see anybody who may need help, please let a member of staff know straight away.
- Keep an eye on your drinks and don’t leave them unattended.
- Sheffield Students' Union has a zero-tolerance policy toward drug use at its licensed venues. Searches will be in operation, as well as sniffer dogs for some events.
- Students found in possession of illegal substances will be banned for a minimum of 6 weeks and can face a lifetime ban. Students will also be required to attend a session with a Drugs Worker at START, Sidney Street before being allowed back into the licensed venues, even if their 6-week ban has expired. Students will also be excluded from holding office in committee and Officer roles for that year. In extreme cases, students can be arrested and expelled from University.
- Non-Students found in possession of illegal substances will receive a lifetime ban from all licensed premises at Sheffield Students' Union.
- If you decline a search upon arrival, you will not be allowed in the venue.
- Taking drugs bought from unknown sources can lead to life-threatening illnesses. Be aware of the current risks: www.talktofrank.com
- Free water & earplugs are available from behind the bar.
- Strobe lighting will be in use at the event.